World Read Aloud Day is a celebration of reading and literacy. It is a call for people, especially our students to grab a book, find an audience, and read aloud. There are so many great books out there and you’ll find many amazing students from around the world reading and sharing on this day. But what if one of the books read aloud for World Read Aloud Day (#WRAD2019) hasn’t been written yet? What if your class helped write the story…and read the story to the world?
This year, we’ll be doing just that with Buncee, a classroom multimedia tool that helps writing come alive. Schools around the globe will contribute to a #GlobalBunceeBook and write the story. The project will run from January 30 to February 15, 2019 and won’t be possible without awesome classrooms joining in and adding a page to the book.
Let your creativity and imagination fly as the #GlobalBunceeBook travels from classroom to classroom.
Here are answers to your questions:
How Do I Participate in #GlobalBunceeBook?
1. Visit the Buncee Board here: https://tinyurl.com/BunceeWRAD19
*Full link: https://app.edu.buncee.com/bunceeboard/57e63c2fa6d64885ac4d9167c30f73d0
2. Read the Buncees added to the Board from oldest to newest (oldest will be farthest away from the “add” button).
3. As a class, create a Buncee, adding a page (or two) to the story from previous Buncees on the Board.
*Bonus: Add the Bunceeman character to the story (searchable in ‘Stickers’)
4. Have your class attach audio of them reading their part of the story using the Buncee audio feature and built-in audio recorder. Your Buncee will now have a play button on the text.
5. On the last page of your Buncee, add your school name and location so we can tally up the total virtual miles between pages.
6. Make your Buncee ‘Copyable’ in the ‘Share’ settings.
7. Copy the Link Code in the ‘Share’ settings.
8. Add your Buncee to the Buncee Board
9. Once you post, tag an educator in your PLN to join in and add a page to continue the story
10. Subscribe to the Buncee Board above to follow the story OR wait until late February when all of the individual Buncee pages will be shared as a single #GlobalBunceeBook that your class helped author!
How Will the Story End?
That’s part of the fun! You’ll have to wait and find out. Will Abby and Bunceeman venture into the big city? Did Abby leave something on the school bus? What exactly might that dog discover while digging in the yard? What’s with the strange spacecraft above the city? Could that dog possibly end up in outer space (FYI – there is a dog astronaut sticker)?
We have a classroom ready at Lake Shore CSD to write and record the final page read aloud on February 15 after all other pages are added by participating classrooms.
How Do I Know It’s My Turn To Write/Create?
Don’t stress. Jump in when you and your class are ready!
What If I Don’t Have a Buncee Account?
Sign up for a free (30-Day) Classroom Account here.
Participating classrooms are encouraged to share out to #GlobalBunceeBook, #WRAD19, and #WorldReadAloudDay.
UPDATE (April 2019) – The finished #GlobalBunceeBook is here!